Sunday, August 31, 2008

I guess I will just have to zoom through the summer. I have ideas for blogging every couple of days or so and post-pone it all because I will not blog out of order! So here is a little summer snip. For Call Reunion pics Caroline and Lew have pics. Here are Jacob and Jared (rock stars at our house) with Tate and Emma at the McDonald's playland. The boys were such good sports. I was new to 9 year old parenting, and they were very kind and polite. We were very sad leaving them at the airport gate. They pre-boarded and left down the runway before we could get enough hugs. As we were leaving, I tried to hide my tears as the entire Southwest flight watched us leave. My kids chanting, "I miss Jacob and Jared" over and over again. I love those boys! We had a great week with them here. Feel free to send any kids our way. We are cousin lovers!!! Bubbles, thanks to Auntie Jeslyn, who beefed up our supply this summer! One of our very favorite summer pass times.
Yeah! Finally my camping dream was realized!!! I made all the plans and got Keith in the car. We actually had a great time. The kids had a blast. Campfire, roasted hot dogs, baked beans, smores... won't mention all the supplies that I left at home and had to replace at the local five and dime. Keith was laughing. Yep, matches were one example of an item I forgot. I did get to show off my creativity by flipping pancakes with two plastic knives. Oh yes, and I think I even made a broom out of pine needles. Very McGyverish - and Don Callish. We even enjoyed the next morning's pouring down rain shower (right after I finished cooking the pancakes). Yes, it was labor day weekend, but we're in Seattle and I didn't have to water the yard for several days afterwards.
Tate always has something stuck to his face! Don't know how he can be sooooo messy. He came home from preschool today with paint all over his shirt, arm, face... and yes, they say he was wearing an apron!
Chillin' in the lawn chair... we all had on our hoodies! The kids love when we wear our hoodies. Don't ask.

5 comments:

Rebecca Talley said...

Love the photos, especially the bubble one. Looks like you had fun.

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Hi, you can post in any order you want, there is an option to date and time your posts so they can be in order. Love the pics!

emily said...

You do know how to change the 'date' of your post? This way...you CAN blog out of order, and do something today, and still add something from JULY and still be in order! :)

Lew said...

So cute! I love the last two pictures...your kids are beautiful! I'm so happy you are updating and I do plan on sending a CD of pictures from the reunion soon. Sorry!

Homewiththekids said...

Emily, how will you know to read it if it's posted in the past?