Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's now been over a year since that fateful day in January 2011. Can't believe how the time has passed so quickly. I've been wanting to post pictures of how fast my hair grows... to me it symbolizes the passing of time and the return to normalcy (if that's possible!). Hope you enjoy! Love, me

Jan 31, 2011 in the hospital on the main floor - I had been discharged from the ICU that day.
Feb 2, 2011 On the way home from the hospital. Notice the cute hat my cousin Leslie made! Brought to me at the hospital by another amazing cousin. I was surrounded by love!
Feb 16, 2011 My sister came for a quick visit with her two youngest children. Her visit was a wonderful Valentine's surprise. I especially loved her choice of birthday cupcakes that she shared with all of us!
March 19, 2011 My parents were in town this weekend, and we had a great family and extended family lunch at Joe Vera's in downtown Provo. I'm here with my brother Dave who lives with his family in Kaysville.
April 5, 2011 Tate and I were at Emma's piano recital. I was wishing I had his beautiful hair! (I still do!!!)  :)
April 14, 2011 We were in San Jose for our Spring break having lunch with my parents at Mandarin Gourmet. Tate even got brave enough to try out some of his Chinese with the waiter.
April 26, 2011 Here is a self-taken photo. I really thought my hair had grown. Looking back... it wasn't as long as I thought, but it was a lot longer than bald!
May 14, 2011 Emma's birthday party.
June 24, 2011 Finally you can tell that there is some growth. I think by now I had a small trim in the back. I love summer and one of the kids took this of me at the Veterans pool. I loved relaxing at the pool under my umbrella!!! Can't wait for summer to come again.
July 23, 2011 On BYU campus with the family and Grandma Grames. We had a great day. It was a perfect day for a walk.

1 comment:

Kim N said...

I loved reading this Catherine! You were beautiful before, you were beautiful when your head was shaved, and you are beautiful now. I love how you are smiling in all of the pictures. I miss you!