Thursday, December 06, 2007

It has turned cold here in the Pacific Northwest. OK - cold for a California girl. I am in the den with the space heater on high, not to mention I have slippers and a sweater on. My kids run around naked! I remember the days in the dorms at BYU where we would turn up the heat to the 80's (gotta love free heating) and have summer year round.

November came and went pretty quickly. I hosted my second Thanksgiving dinner. It was really yummy. Lots of work but delicious. I even made a chocolate cheesecake. Keith was on cloud nine! Keith's parents and the missionaries came for dinner. We had lots of leftovers so we had Keith's brother's family over the next day for leftovers. I took for granted how much work goes into such dinners. My brother, Dan, reminded me of the first Thanksgiving dinner that I hosted. I had forgotten. He and Dave came down to BYU from Ricks College, and I apparantly cooked dinner. The turkey was underdone, but we ate it anyway and we were lucky no one got sick!!! I was only 20 at the time. I guess I have gained some cooking experience in the last 20 years. Good thing for Keith!

Our Stake production of Savior of the World went well last weekend. Many of us are going through withdrawals from rehearsals and singing, etc. The production went well. We had over 1400 people attend three different performances included in the number were approximately 400 non-LDS people from our community. It was a great success. Not at all what I envisioned going into it last September.

I'm now madly working on Christmas cards and looking ahead to Christmas. We still don't have a Christmas tree, and I only have a few decorations put out. I'm dreading putting up all the Nativities, etc. I guess I'm realizing the amount of work it takes to do all this and then to take it all down in a month! I am done with most of our gift shopping, but I need to get some last minute things in the mail. Time is a flyin'. I've also got to think about Christmas Eve because we are hosting the Grames family at our house this year. I have dreams of a cute Christmas program, delicious prime rib dinner and games, etc. Wish me luck. Here are some pictures of the kids to cheer up your day...
The best time of day is PJ time...

New firemen accessories for Tate and Emma...

A little Christams preview...

4 comments:

emily said...

I'm so glad to finally see your blog!! Such cute kids!

Caroline said...

Okay. Where did Emma get such a cute dress? She must have an awesome Auntie who spoils her. :):) I love her with no bangs. She is such a cutie.

Lew said...

Oh my gosh! Your kids are so adorable!! And, I'm so happy to see pictures of your gorgeous house in the background. I love what I can see! Post more of your house!! We miss y'all!!

Larissa said...

I love Emma's new haircut. They are both so cute. Good luck with all the Christmas preparations. You sound very busy.